5:38 AM

The potluck too random for a title

Posted by Texasholly |

Wow, these Mondays are sure persistent.
They just keep coming around.

I have a few hugs and kisses left over from Mother's Day so please pick one up before you leave.

Speaking of Mother's Day...

Blog-Stedman reports the following conversation on the way to Target last week sans ME.
Blog-Stedman: Does anyone have any ideas what we should get mom for mother's day?

Rhett(3): NO.
Blog-Stedman: Should we get her flowers?
Rhett: No. She ALREADY has some.
They ended up settling on separate cards from each boy which were super cute to see and I bought my own Mother's Day present the weekend before when I attended the Go Red for Women charity luncheon and auction - with a little help I was able to nab some silent auction art out from under the noses of two very-watchful, red-clad, highly-coiffed, North-Dallas girls. SCORE!



All in all a fabulous Mother's Day.

Last Thursday a friend and I met to take our collective 5 boys to see a play - Frog and Toad. As you can see from the picture I took in the lobby how excited my boys (the grumpy ones on the left) were that their mother wants to expose them to culture:

What I love about this picture is that my friend's boys actually look HAPPY. Oh, and Rhett...he is always willing to participate. He ended up hanging out with the enthusiastic two for the rest of the morning. No one, not even a three year old likes un-cultured storm clouds.

After the play we went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, but before you think we are completely TORTURING 5 small boys let me mention that there are large areas to run, fountains to play in and a kids learning area which includes this question...



The boys were in heaven.


What is up with Holly's Coccyx?


Neutral.



Let's find out who is Peep of the Week!

In response to Rhett's interpretation of what I look like:

I could tell it was you. Even without the shorty pajamas and beaver trap.
Thanks for the reality check ThreeUnderTwo...I thought my shorty pajamas and beaver traps hid my extra wide hips and pointy football player shoulders. Great...I am off to write in to What Not to Wear.


And just because it is pretty...




What is in Holly's fruit bowl?



22 cloves of garlic.

May your Monday be absent of uncultured storm clouds.
Please take a clove of garlic with you...and don't forget your hugs and kisses...

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the garlic...
and everyone can use an extra hug!
Have a great week...
PS. How did the boys like the play?
were their facial expressions better after than before?
Pax

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Boys + Plays = Torture Victims. I save my money and just take the girls. I guess that's not an option for you.

franticallysimple said...

After all that garlic, i think I will pass on the kiss.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Garlic and hugs? Wow...a Sicilian gal's dream!

PS Love the marquis in the background of the playhouse..."Little Shop of Horrors" it looks like. My kidlets woulda been stars in that production. :)

Ash said...

Oh, thanks for the great ideas for summer entertainment! I'm afraid I don't pay enough attention to the FW in DFW. Bad Mama.

And 22 cloves? Were they having a two-fer-one special, or something?

Otter Thomas said...

Do trees poop? What a fantastic learning environment. I guess the next question was Do clouds pee?

Misty said...

your garlic cloves sound heavenly...

and your peep of the week should have made peep of the month as that was HILARIOUS. I am still laughing out loud.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Hmmm, 22 cloves of garlic. Expecting a few vampires, are we?

Unknown said...

That flower is gorgeous! Love the pink and green together.

And geez, what's all the garlic for? You got vampires in the house or something??

Jenni said...

Happy Mother's Day, Holly!

Ron Davison said...

It seems as though portions for super cute friends would be terribly small. Or maybe I missed the point of the picture.

Jennifer S said...

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I'm equal parts relieved and disappointed that you didn't show up at the charity dinner in your shorty pajamas.

Manic Mommy said...

I'm thinking next week's pot luck will be a stinky, vampire-free affair.

Anonymous said...

SO..... DO trees poop????
Homeschooling moms want to know!!

Post a Comment